I’ve blogged about the Dragon Beard Candy and its creation process before, but now it seems like Aunty Lili is back with a new and interesting rendition of it. This time you don’t just get to eat these delicious nuggets, you get to breathe it as well!
Imperial Dragon’s Beard Candies
Introducing the Imperial Dragon’s Beard Candies, they emit more more Dragon’s Breath and are more delicious than the
dragon’s breath that are on sale publicly now. After years of learning how to master making finely threaded Dragon’s Beard Candies, Roger Poon, the cousin of Singapore’s First Dragon’s beard Candies female food Artist, Ho Lili managed to combine this ancient Chinese food craft with a touch of modern food preparation technique that will surely interest the millennials
and all those young at heart.
A Dying Trade Revived
In those days of ancient China, Dragon’s Beard Candies were only meant for the Emperor’s gastronomic pleasures. The
imperial chef had to make the Dragon’s Bread threads ‘live’ in front of the Emperor, entertaining the Emperor first with the
skills of turning the hard rock of malt in to fine threads of Dragon’s Bread and then serving the Emperor this imperial
delicacy by wrapping the fine malt threads with ingredients, which we now known as Dragon’s Beard Candies.
In 1988, Ho Lili was the first female food artist to make Dragon’s Beard Candy readily available for all to savour in
Singapore. Ho Lili, better known to her customers as Aunty Lili, is now retired. In this new millennium, Aunty Lili’s cousin, Roger Poon, continues this traditional candy making trade with that same “imperial” recipe.
Both food artists insist on making finely threaded Dragon’s Beard and the Dragon’s Beard Candies must not be bigger than the size of the thumb so that the whole delicate nugget may be put in to the mouth where the burst of peanut fragrance will occur, allowing the consumer to experience as close as possible the gastronomic pleasure felt by the Emperor when enjoying this imperial delicacy.
How Do I Get It?
By this time you must be thinking of how do you get your hands on these yummy imperial treat. Singapore’s Dragon Beard Candy has set up a Kickstarter campaign, you can pre-order the Dragon Beard Candies via this campaign! By pledging different amount, you would also get different VIP treatments.
- In appreciation to those who help them reach our targets earlier, they will be delivering their freshly hand-made crispy cool Dragon’s beard candies to your home after they hit the target by 9th August 2017.
- Supporters will also stand double the chances to win a pair of Singapore musical tickets (worth S$238), promo video available at the end of the blog post.
- Supporters will not need to join the public queues at their stall as there will be an exclusive supporters’ VIP lane so that you can get your Imperial Dragon’s Breath on the spot quickly!
Singapore’s Dragon Beard Candy is looking forward to make these imperial delicacies for the public to savor from the 17th to 20th August 2017, at the a localized event outside Plaza Singapura. From 17-18th August (5pm-9pm) and 19-20th August (11am-9pm) .
1) Singapore’s Dragon Beard Candy x PeanutLoti Giveaway (Till 10 Aug 2017)
- To thank you for your continuous support, 3 of our followers gets to try these delicious imperial dragon beard candies
- Just 3 steps:
- We will reveal the winner on 10th August 2017.
- Prize collection can take place on 17th to 20th Aug at their pop up stall.
2) Singapore’s Dragon Beard Promotion (Till 14 Aug 2017)
Follow what Majie Abby says and WIN 2 tickets (worth $238!!!!!) to the SG Musical of your choice this August! Results will be made known here on 14th August 2017. Happy Singapore National Day month everybody!!!!4 Chances To Win! To Pledge, Click here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1349445898/imperial-dragons-beard-candies-dragons-breath
Posted by Singapore's Dragon Beard Candy on Sunday, 30 July 2017
- Stand a chance to win a pair of any local musical tickets of your choice (worth $238!)
- To win, like their Facebook page
- Double your chance by sharing this post
- 4x your chance by pledging at their Kickstarter campaign
There you have it guys, go pre-order this delicious traditional dessert and stand a chance to win great prizes, you definitely won’t regret it. Thank you for reading, we hope that you have like what you read and if you do, please follow us on Instagram and like us on Facebook to check out our daily updates. We love you and are greatly appreciative of your support throughout our food hunting journey!